The goal

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good news all around

So let's start with the mediocre and build from there.

My goal of a two pound weight loss for this past week? Not achieved, but I did lose 1 pound and that's loads better than nothing/gain.

My car got new brakes put on it, and today it's to get a new compressor, which is supposed to fix the a/c, the defrost, the power steering and possibly a whole host of other issues! So that's ya know pretty sweet.

My cousin told me she had over heard people talking about me. Now normally I could find this very unnerving and possibly insulting. But in this instance it was a good thing. You see my cousin Lisa works at the store that I am trying to get a transfer to. So them talking about me, saying that I was a cashier... and whatever else they were saying, it's hopefully a good thing.

Which leads me into the another couple of good things. My transfer date has been approved and set, so that's me working in the Olney store for a little less than a month and then I'll be at the Robinson store. That is apparently as soon as they give me a job offer. Even my personal person doesn't know where they are hiring me in at.... so that should be a surprise.

And speaking of Robinson.... Had my first day of classes today. First time, in a college setting that I've actually had a teacher keep me the full time on the first day. Usually they just cover the syllabus and away we go. Nope this lady talked and talked then had us all introduce ourselves, speed dating style to each other then she gave us an assignment for some easy points. I'm still not convinced that this class is going to be easy. She said that there well be very little actual homework, but several instances of roll playing. I don't really know which is worse. I suppose it all depends on who I get to interact with.

Knew Sarah was going to be in the class with me, after all we signed up at the same time and purposefully chose the same times, but was pleasantly surprised to learn that a girl from school was not only in this class with us, she's doing the same program too and has all of the same classes we have. Times and everything. So that's really sweet! The only difference is that she is taking an online class. So she lives in this area too and that's another person to add to the carpooling. Hopefully even less gas we'll have to spend!

Kim is living with her dad, Sarah is living with her parents and I live with mine. And not that we don't love all of our parents, we think it would be really awesome to find a place that we could all live together in. Especially if it was in Robinson, then we wouldn't have to drive through all that road construction everyday and that would be so much less driving time. But they both have to find jobs, so it may be awhile until something like that happens.*

Found out how much I was approximately approved for, for FASFA. Awesome! I think it's to be divided up between semesters but I'll still have money left over to be able to use on things that I need outside of the actual school expenditures. The downer on all of that is. I don't actually have it! I just want my money people, what ever amount it may be. Called Tuesday and the helpful financial aid lady told me that my appeal had been approved, but that I needed to fill out some paper work proving my state citizenship. (I don't know that that's what it's actually called but that's what I'm calling it) I told her that I would be in the next day to get books, could I just fill it out then? She said that would be great, and that she wouldn't have them mail me the papers.

So just to keep you in the loop. Tuesday called, told them I'd be in Wednesday to fill out forms and get books, Thursday is the first day of classes.

So Wednesday got up early, Sarah came and picked me up and away to Robinson we went. Her a/c is giving her fits, it was hot and road construction was occurring. (I just want you to have the full picture here) Se we get there, and I know it's busy, lots of kids with lots of last minute things, but I had called people, I had called. So I go in tell the lady who I am and what I am there for. First apparently she thought I was too young? I don't know. She asked if I had brought my parents' id or tax returns for proof.

uh..... what?

Lady I'm 25, I have a valid license, and I work. I brought my own paper work.

So I filled out her paper work, easy peasy... lalala.... Hand it in. I ask about being able to get my books. She tells me that if I come in before my class the next day she'll at least have a voucher for me so I can get said books, in leu of my FASFA check. Ok whatever.

Thursday up I get nice and early, get ready and away I go once Sarah picked me up. Got there at least 30 minutes early, plenty of time to get this voucher thing and to get my books! Woo-hoo!

Except... I get in the office and ask the lady about the voucher. First she didn't recognize me, which I honestly didn't expect her to know my name, but I would have at least realized that I had just talked to a person the day before. But she's probably had a lot, I mean a lot, ALOT of people go through in the past few days. I don't hold it against her for that.

But she seemed annoyed that I was asking about a voucher. I was thinking to myself, look lady you are the one who told me to check back before class! But I kept my cool and politely waited like she asked. Not long after she decided I should just go to class and come back afterwards to get it so they could look it up. *gritting my teeth* Fine.

Class was as I mentioned above.

After class Kim, Sarah and I talked for a bit then we all headed over to the office. Me for voucher... again and Kim to find out the status of her FASFA.

Again lady didn't know who I was. Fine I'm not a memorable person. I again ask about this stupid voucher and again she tells me they don't have it ready.

Look I'm not saying she has to drop everything and get this voucher for me. What I am saying is that I've been told to come and get it twice now and now twice it hasn't been made available to me. If you can't get it ready in the time allotted then don't allot that time! Tell me it's fine but come in Monday, what ever. Quit stringin me along!! GRRRRRR!

Kim just wanted to talk to the financial aid lady, office lady told her she was busy. Then not even five minutes later we saw the financial aid lady leave the office... and not return again. Again... quit stringing us along.

We told Kim adios and headed back towards Newton. Got our lovely Huck's drinks (I love huck's drinks... you can add different flavorings to your soda!! and they have the good ice!) Hit Walmart, because I can never get enough of that place! (but I did need stuff so why not) then we grabbed some McDonald's and away we went. (don't judge me... you know you want some mikyD's too!)

So... that rather ended sourly.... I mean the huck's and walmart and McD's was all good.. but the voucher business wasn't... let's see.... what's good news again.

uhh...

mmmm.....

Mom had a good day at work today! That's good news.

Oh and tomorrow Mom, Miss Tiff and I are going out for a celebratory birthday lunch for Mom's birthday! That's good news too!

So there... back to good news all around!!

So now you should share your good news! I love good news! It's so fun!

Lates!



*There was a listing for a three bedroom house for rent!! Hiy-0!

4 comments:

reen said...

Maybe the lady is on drugs. I talk to a lot of people during the day and I don't forget pretty faces. I may not remember names exactly, but geez?!? And speed dating??? any hot prospects?

Akira_kin said...

lol no hot prospects... it wasn't actual speed dating... just introductions in that manner. It was weird and half the time I felt like I was talking way to much... and then I felt bad. I figured she would remember faces too. I know I typically do. But like I said, she's been seeing a lot of faces. I don't know why I feel the need to defend her at the same time that I am accusing her.

reen said...

because you're always against me. But just remember when SHE comes in to WalMart, cause you know she will, you don't know her and you can't help her

Akira_kin said...

I am NOT against you! I was just saying I defend and attack... all in one breath.

And I will try to refrain from knowing her.. but she's so memorable to me now.