The goal

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally! It's craft hour!



So it's finally time to get these Christmas crafting down! It's taken me just about forever to get this on here. I had a hard time getting these photos on here but finally success is mine!!
Ok so there are three 'projects' if you want to call them that. They were pretty easy, although I only did one of them.
First we have a snowflake wreath. Second a button christmas tree. Third wooden letters spelling 'JOY'.

This is the one that I did. I just saw the supplies in a scrapbook store that my mom and I like to go too (Daisylane for those who wish to know. Mattoon Il) What I bought was the circle background and then there were several different types of cut outs to choose from. Seeing as it's christmas I went with the snowflakes. I paints the circle front and back a metallic blue and the snowflakes got a good covering of off white paint. Once everything was dry I used glue dots to apply the flakes to the wreath background. I went with the dots because they gave me the option of even more of a 3-D look. I rather like how it turned out, although I do wish I had went ahead and purchased the second pack of flakes just to fill everything out more. Ah well live and learn yes??

This is one my mom did. She saw pictures of it on another blog and thought 'Hey I can do that!' and so she did. She started by picking out some buttons. Next she glued the bottom couple rows on and used pushpins to hold them in place. Next she glued the rest on at random dispersing red and white buttons on it for the look of ornaments. On the very top she happened to have a white star button that she stacked on top of a couple green round ones. We let it sit over night just to be certain that the glue was dry, though you could just use pushpins then no dry time necessary. The little ornament girl next to the tree was just to perfect. Mom collects 'Precious Moments' and all the winter ones are set out for the holidays.

These were also mom's idea. These are just wooden letters that mom bought, again at Daisylane. Paper and embellishments too for that matter. The paper is the same paper she is using for her christmas cards which makes them extra special. I really like the paper cause it almost has a retro vibe. I just like it even more. Obviously she cut the paper to fit the letters. Then she added metal snowflake embellishments. There is also ribbon at the top of the 'j' and bottom of the 'y'. But she did think that was quite enough. So using her cricut she cut out holly leaves and berries. Just for a plash more color.
These were just some simple and fairly quick craft projects we did to help spruce up the house for the holidays. You can do these easy projects too if you want for any type of place to decorate. Whether it be home, work, or church even. They can also be adapted for multiple situations.
What fun things will you do to make the holidays special??

No comments: