The goal

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The theater, the theater....

Oh how I love the theater!!!! Not only do they let me watch WICKED awesome movies such as Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, they also give me peeks at what is to come!!

But let's stick with the Harry Potter review for now....

I loved it! I gotta say I really enjoy David Yates directing style (he also directed HP5) I think he/the screenplay writer have done a fabulous job of fitting as much of the story line in as they can. You gotta admit that they are big books so it's no easy task. The only thing left out of 5 that I missed was the quidditch (I mean come on! Ron is the King in that one! Weasley is our King!) and the only thing that I wished they had covered more in this one are the 'horcruxes' what each one is/could be. Thing is I think they figure most people that watch these movies are also fans of the books, so not EVERY TINY THING needs to be covered. But I think it just would have saved time for the next films. Now it looks like Harry and pals will have to 'figure' it out all on their own.

Having said that, I loved everything else about this movie. I loved Dumbledore even more this one. I think most people will agree that the original Dumbledore was the Dumbledore, but seeing as he passed... well this new one has been growing on me more each film and I gotta say this one, he was just about the perfect 'Dumbledore' for me. A nice combo of spry wit and old age showing through. I like that, when Dumbledore makes those off the wall comments that just make you blink in surprise... It's just great! And you may not like him, but you gotta admit Albus Dumbledore's got style!

The kids are as great as ever, and I do so love goofy Harry/Ron! When they have both taken a potion (Ron a love one, Harry the luck one) they are so.... so..... Just so funny. I love getting to see silly sides! And they do great jobs of behaving in believable ways. Poor Hermione just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to love! And I loved her story about her dad needing stitches! Makes me laugh.

I really do believe that this movie is one of the best so far.

It does make me sad to say... only two more to go. (But at least I can say two yay that!)


Now for my squealing..I think I might have actually squealed out loud with my unbelievable joy when I saw/figured out what sneak peek trailer I was watching.


I am so excited about Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief!!!

I didn't even know that was going to be made into a movie! You just wouldn't believe how excited I was to learn of that. It was possibly the most exciting thing for me that night.

Now I say that and maybe you are thinking to your self... what kind of crap is that. Kid goes to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and she didn't even enjoy it as much as a trailer?

I'm not saying that at all! It's just that I knew I was going to be watching Harry Potter, I knew what to expect in that movie, I mean I've read the books how many times?? But the trailer that was a complete and TOTAL surprise! So it was the most exciting bit of the night. Not necessarily my favorite part of the night, but the most.... well surprising!

All in all a really great time to be had with me mum and pally Sarah.

3 comments:

reen said...

Yup. You squealed. Out loud.
I was concerned for your well being.

Sarah said...

you squealed. thats okay....there were many girls who squealed for the twilight preview....i was one of them.....

Akira_kin said...

Glad no one burned me on all my typos that post!! Maybe you were too busy laughing at my silliness!