The goal

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm counting on you...

to help hold me accountable!


I am back on the band wagon kids.


I know I fall off it a lot, but I feel a genuine motivation to try again. Before it was more of a feeling of having to do it, and that's never good for me.


So, here we go.


I got the new Weight Watchers app on my phone, which I'm totally loving. Really glad it's there because now I can enter points and everything right away. Instead of having to wait until I get home (which I never did btw)


With my potential job I can have walking buddies again! Which is always a great thing. I managed a few times on my own when the weather was so nice but then I lost it again.


And all in all I just have a better mind set. Which is probably the biggest hurdle for me. If I don't want to eat healthy then I won't.


But... the thing is, I know I'll still be tempted to sneak "bad" things every now and again. Which wouldn't be horrible if it didn't send me down a very dark bad trail. And I know I'll be tempted to slack off, which means that I could still be losing weight but not as effectively as could be happening. The other thing that I'll need to be held accountable on is keeping up with the program, not getting discouraged when things don't go perfectly. And if/when I meet my final goal to still be aware of my weight. Because I really don't want to yo-yo the rest of my life, or to only yo. (go one direction and one direction only)


So your task, should you choose to accept it (and you should I need help) is to hold me accountable. Check up with me to see if I've been behaving on the plan, if I've been working out, if I'm still motivated.


My goals stand as thus:

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

have lost 25lbs


lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

have lost 50lbs


lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

lose 5lbs

Reach final goal!!


That's how this thing is gonna go down!


Also there is no time limit on this whole thing, typically I would want to be at a certain weight by a certain date and that's a sure fire way to fail, it's just way to much pressure.


I think every week I'll try to post at least once about whether or not I've followed the program as I'm supposed too. And once I set up an exercise regimen I'll post about how that went too.


And I know that I've said a lot of these things before, but that's where you come in again!


At least if you want too....


please?!


Lates!


4 comments:

reen said...

YOU LOST 5 LBS! I didn't know that. And that accountability works both ways sister.

MUA Lindsay said...

Hurray for you!!!

I just need to get in the habit of exercising (of some form)... for me that is step #1. I don't have the desire (or motivation, or time) to track my food. I need to just CUT BACK... and not feel so obligated to eat everything on the damn plate. Why can't I just learn to cut all in half and take home the rest (dining out is my... what's the word I'm looking for here... well it's what gets me off track - and hubby likes to eat out).

One day at a time...

Akira_kin said...

Linz I didn't like having to remember what all i ate and how much and then remember to get online later and log it all, that just made me feel guilty, like when i ate it i was fine... but then recording it made me feel fat. But with the new app, right at my finger tips it's not been bothering me to log, but that's just me. And I completely agree to the exercising thing, i need to get that habit going. And I keep thinking in the morning at least look up some zumba videos or something else... but i never do.

Mom I don't really claim that 5 it's been fluctuating in that number since I signed up for ww this time. But i guess a loss is a loss is a loss. And now that I'm wanting to be held accountable I most likely won't mind helping others be accountable too.

Brook Elise said...

I'm right there with ya!