The goal

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chicken in a car but the car won't go, that's how you spell chicago

I think I learned that 7th or 8th grade, and I'm still not really sure how it works, but I got to tell you that it does stick in my head.

So this weekend was our Chicago trip. So much fun. Saturday mom and I decided that we need to prepare for the occasion by painting our nails. Boys will like you if you paint your nails. *said in a heavy new york accent*

Mom went with a lovely pinky color, more neutral. I decided to be bold and brash! I went white with green,blue,orange,purple polka-dots. Fun!! Fingers and toes for me, just toes for mom.

Once that was done, and believe me that was a chore for me! We were all ready to go! So Sunday morning bright and early we got up and headed to Terre Haute to pick up Brook and Jacob. Who oh so kindly had square donuts for us. Yum is all I can say!

We hit the road for some fun in the Windy City. Sunday was to be a whatever day, Monday was the day we had tickets for. Tickets for a Cubs game. So we decided to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo.

As we were walking in to look at all the fun animals, Jacob let it be known that if he didn't see some polar bears a koala was gonna get punched! Which just doesn't seem fair for the poor koala, but we were going to make a point to find those polar bears! And wouldn't you just know it the clouds rolled in, the thunder cracked and the rain started pouring down from the sky. Now at least we were prepared and all had umbrellas to use. But still it was coming at us sort of side-ways so we were getting pretty wet. So this Zoo had a sort of "farm" area in it and had a nice house with porch that we ducked under. We just stood under that and waited the storm out, didn't last to awfully long. The lightening was right on top of us but I personally enjoyed that.

When it passed we headed over to the barn to begin our tour. There they had a scale that told you the equivalent of your weight compared to farm animals. Jacob, Brook and I total a sow with a litter of 10 piglets, which just cracked me up.

From there we saw some Jacob sheep, a couple bulls and a few cows, some goats and maybe a pig or two. Then we went on to have lunch.

From there we went to see the more exotic animals. I don't know if it was the storm or the heat but a lot of the animals were hiding away so we couldn't see some of them. But we did see a lot.

And happily we eventually saw a polar bear, so all koalas were safe. (although I'm not positive but I think that the zoo didn't actually have any koalas) Saw the cat portion, I love tigers, leopards, and panthers so that was sweet. I also love me some penguins and they were hanging out too! So yeah really enjoyed the zoo. Only animal I was bummed to not see? Elephants. What sort of zoo doesn't have elephants? They totally didn't. Sad!

From there we went to eat at Rain Forest Cafe, which isn't really a cafe so why it should be called such is beyond me. But it was really delicious. I liked all the 'animals' they had about. The night sky on the ceiling with shooting stars was pretty sweet too. The only thing that was a bit much for me was the music, it was soo loud. And under most situations I probably wouldn't have minded as much but I had a wicked head ache. But I really enjoyed it.

From there we seriously thought about going and trying to get bleacher seats for the Cubs game that night but I think we just decided we were to tired. So to the hotel it was.

We talked about swimsuits for the pool there at the hotel but that would have involved going to purchase some (since no one but father brought theirs) but eventually that was decided against and we just watched the Cubbies on tv. Which sort of made us wish we had tired for the bleachers but it was ok.

Finally we decided that we needed to make a midnight McDonald's run (ok maybe 10:30) So in the van we piled one last time for shakes and fries. So good! A truly delicious way to end the night.

Day two tomorrow.

Lates for now!

4 comments:

Brook Elise said...

I didn't even think about there not being elephants! how rude!

Akira_kin said...

Exactly! I mean.. sure we got to see animatronic ones at rainforest cafe... but it's not the same.

reen said...

my word verification: catual

reen said...

now it's: brepers