The goal

Monday, August 31, 2009

In which I sigh

I love movies. But more I love watching movies with family/friends.

New or old, doesn't matter. I just love some good movies.

So yesterday on TCM they had a Jean Arthur marathon yesterday.

She a really good actress. And I really love some of the movies she's in.

I hadn't seen all of them, but I have now and they are some really good ones.

The devil and Miss Jones, You can't take it with you, Mr. Smith goes to washington, and Shane.

So good. She has a real flair for comedy but she can do serious too. Always a good find in an actor. I think my favorite two though were, You can't take it with you and Mr. Smith goest to Washington. Don't know why exactly, but it might have had something to do with Jimmy Stewart. You can't go wrong with Jimmy Stewart!

So after watching those movies and helping mom with some school stuff it was late but I really wanted to watch a tv show. I was intriqued by it.

Ok so I'm a sucker, I had to watch all of 10 things I hate about you. New tv show based loosely off of the movie. Same characters slightly different plot. Funny, cute, smaltzy but good none the less.

But holy guac! Ethan Peck!! Frijoles that boy! Ok I shouldn't call him boy, he is after all only 2 years younger than me. But man oh man. I admit I get weak in the knees over 'pretty' boys like anyone else. AND not only that but his voice, *excuse me a moment while I squee.....SQUEEEEEEEEEE* Could literally listen to him talk all day.

Here is another fun fact about him, which sort of brings me around to my old movie perspec.
Ethan is grandson of Gregory Peck, actor of such greats as, To kill a mockingbird and Roman Holiday. Those are my main ones for him. And I LOVE To kill a mockingbird.

That was just icing on the cake for me.

Aw family gotta love 'em!

Late

No comments: