The goal

Friday, May 7, 2010

I runnin!

So I'm still working on all my goals there to the side and up above, never fear.

But Lindsay and I sort of have a new goal. We want to run a 5k.

Like with the number pinned to your shirt and you start with the gun shot, the whole kit-n-caboodle!

We've been working at turning out bodies into running machines (jogging really but why split hairs) and the programs we've been 'doing' are all with the goal in mind of being able to jog at least the distance of a 5k (3.1 miles for you americans) Which is all well and good, but we discussed that we would actually like to run in a 5k! That would just be so exciting!

So that's our 'new' goal to run in a 5k. Now we are being reasonable about this. We know that it's gonna take awhile to be able to do this. But honestly if we follow the programs and don't injure our selves there is no reason why we wouldn't be able to accomplish this by late September or October. We should be well accustomed to jogging/running by then.

We most likely won't be at our weight goals but we'll be much healthier! And that's always good.

So how are we doing this? Well we have the C-2-5k plan (coach potato to 5k runner) and march/april issue of WW has an eight week plan to get your body accustomed to jogging and nike+ has a coach that has plans for you to switch from walking to running in 12 weeks.

And honestly if those three programs (which are really similar) can't kick our butts and transform us then I don't really know what will.

It's going to take lots of really hard work and dedication but we will do it!!

Want to join us? Believe me it's hard but honestly I can't think of a time that I didn't feel proud and excited to be doing it. I mean pain sure there was some of that but still!!

Not only that but we are gonna track our progress for all of it, in multiple ways too.

Photos(perhaps), music playlists, podcasts made by us, and this fun little site. Lindsay has one too, but I'll let her post it if she wants. But it will update our progress on facebook too so that's a bonus.

Now for the issue.... we really really want to be in the actual 5k, with shirts and medals and everything (not that we expect to win one) but where do you find one? There is surprisingly a site that tells you all marathons and runs and stuff... and when and where. But then the flip is how to decide and how are we gonna travel and... well...

As you can see we don't have the exact details down. I sort of want to pick out the specific run that way I have a definite goal. But I guess we'll get there when we get there.

Main goal right now, to start jogging.


Got a run in mind for me? Let's hear it!

3 comments:

reen said...

what's a coach potato ;p

Brook Elise said...

Man, I would love to be able to do something like that! Training for races is how my friend lost 60 pounds. I just hate running lol with my asthma, I've always been more of a sprinter. My sister's the long distance runner... and she does 5ks and other races around here all the time, so I could probably find some info out from her for you.

Akira_kin said...

lol a *couch* potato... so sorry

We aren't really "runners" per say.... joggers... Found out what that means exactly. Jogging are shortened strides like trying to walk across eggshells with out breaking... you are supposed to be able to hold a conversation while jogging. I was amazed, that was one of the LAST things I could have done. But yeah, I can see how asthma would be really hard on that type of exercise. That's a bummer.

That'd be awesome about 5k runs! The illinois one was helpful sort of but they were mostly far far away. Just don't see driving 5+ hours for a 5k jog, still lazy apparently!