The goal

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a whirlwind

So... let's see... what have I been up too??

Ok last day I posted was Wednesday... walked with the girls, walked with the mother and then worked that evening. (It's hard for me to remember too many specifics after the fact so bear with me)

Thursday .... we'll come back to that (I actually remember thursday)

Friday walked with the mother and worked

Saturday worked (momma wanted to walk but I was too lazy)

Sunday had lunch with the family and worked (I remember that much)

Monday walked with Lindsay, then walked with mom. Then we hurried and got ready to go to Olney cause she wanted to get some groceries... and then.... we took too long at lunch and couldn't go shopping cause I had to get home to change and head back to Olney to work.

So here we are it's Tuesday.... but before I talk about today I'm going to go back to Thursday.

(you thought I forgot but I didn't)

So I was off Thursday and have been wanting to get an outfit for my friend's wedding which is quickly approaching. So mom and I decided to head to Evansville.

Walked with mom and then we cleaned ourselves up and headed out. Wouldn't you just know it we had to find an alternate route to eville because of the sthinkin (yes that is spelled correctly pronounce it sta-hinkin) because of the sthinkin marathon load that was being brought through.

That was a blast. I mean it wasn't anything too extreme but when you don't know a route it's kind of, oh I don't know... nerve racking to take it. But the father assured me that it would be fairly simple. Only two wrong exits (one more troublesome than the other) All in all not that traumatic.

So we get to eville and immediately head to the eating place. We were hungry chicks ok?!

O' charley's.

'Nuf said right there. It's so good! I love their half club/soup lunch combo. Which is not what I had. I had the half club/ salad combo, trying to lose weight here people. Have to behave as much as possible. I also had their freshly made strawberry lemonade. YUM!!! Never had strawberry lemonade before, it was quite delish if I do say so, and I do so there!

Then in our quest to find the places we wanted to go to... Hobbylobby, Cato, Joann's, Old Navy, possible bookstore... we spotted the golden ticket! Dressbarn!!

So that was our next destination. Before I go on... let me insert the odd thing that happened when we were in the parking lot. We get out of the car and this random lady stops us to ask if we know the quickest? easiest? way to get to chicago from there. Uh...... what? She said wasn't following us but had seen that our license plates were from Illinois and we had a Cubs sticker on the car. Uh...... what? Lady I can barely make it from point a to point b with out a map.. you think I can give you short cuts and hints on a trip I've never made? Weird!! Anywho...

Get there and they have a bunch of cute dresses, hey it's dressbarn of course they had cute dresses. But I was really stoked by the quantity of cute ones! Super pumped you know?

So of course I have to try on 50 dresses after looking for 2 hours... ok that is a slight stretching of the truth. More like 15 dresses after 1 hour. (something like that)

Side notes (have you noticed I make a lot of these) 1. had a lady (different from the chicago bound one) in the store asking our opinion on outfits... What it's speak to random strangers day in Indiana and no one told us?? What in the world. Ok didn't really mind but it was just so... soo.... unexpected. 2. I have been losing weight (if you read my blog at all you know this already) so I was excited to see what "new" size I could wear.

So all those dresses and all that time later I find out I can easily wear 16 dresses (YAY) with the occasional 18 or 14(so funny mom) thrown in there. Also I reaffirmed that I have no decision making skills. Left that store empty handed.

We hit Hobbylobby (where I got paper and adhesive and stamps) and Cato (where I got a purse), Joann's (where I got lots more paper and a few odds and ends) and the mall (where I got nothing but mom got some stuff) and while there we decided it was time for supper. So we ate at T.G.I. friday's. Good food, and waiter had a wicked cute smile, really nice dimple. Then because mom felt bad and I was still determined to get a dress we headed back to Dressbarn, where they recognized us (still makes me giggle) made mom try some stuff on, which she looked really cute in but she didn't totally dig. And I re-tried on stuff and a couple of new things. I was still in love with the dress I liked and mom still liked the one she liked (does that sound redundant to anyone else?) And we just couldn't convince myself to get any of the dresses. We also looked at Fashion Bug ( where they had shockingly few dresses and again a random person talks to us, tells me she likes my shirt which was nice but odd) and Kohl's where I tried some on but they just weren't me. Oh and we stopped at Walmart (because I can never get enough of that place) and got some piddly stuff.

So that was about it. Got some gas for the car and headed back to Newton. Fun day, tiring but fun.

Now... back to today.

Today was another day off day. So what do I do? Plan to go shopping with mom. The girls and I were going to walk, then Lindsay had issues with work (she's very unhappy with them right now) and I couldn't rouse Sarah so that one was nixed. Walked with the momma and then we cleaned ourselves up to shop (this seems to be a pattern we've developed) We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel. Again good food... Have I ever mentioned I love good food? Cause I really really do. Then we went to Kohl's. The friend who's wedding I've been trying to buy a dress for obviously wouldn't be complete without a gift from me. So we went in because she was registered there. They were having a buy one get one free sale... Made me want to buy half the store... I don't know why that is, I guess it just sounds too good to pass up. So we got something similar to what she had on her registery because they didn't have the actual item and got the free thing for ourselves! And then because I can never pass up clothes (I'm not sure when this trend started) I had to try on clothes. Wouldn't you just know it, they had cute dresses! So what do I do? Try them on. And they were cute... and I was again surprised at the size I was able to wear.

So ... because I am just made of money and I still can't make decisions I bought both the dresses I tried on and the cute shorts that fit and the stuff for the wedding and the free stuff for our house!! Again because I am made of money.

After that headed to Walmart (see I told you I can't get enough of that place) to get some groceries that mom had been wanting to get for almost a whole week. And well I had to spend some more money there, but at least it was mainly on food stuffs. That's better right? *ahem*

Aaannnnnyway...... we got home and mom made supper and then after that she asked if I wanted to walk again.

*blink blink* say WHAT?!

I don't know why that was so surprising to me. But after much (internal) debate I finally decided, Yes! I do want to go. And I want to do my jogging! So that's what we did. And I was congratulated by Lance Armstrong for the SECOND time!! Yeah!! Isn't that just AWESOME!!

Makes me giggle! Thank you Nike+!!

So.... that's been my time.

Thank you for listening.



Oh!


And next post? Right after this?? I'm gonna post all the dresses that were tried on (well not all.. just the ones with photos)

Late!!

ps. if there are still anytypos don't mind them... I didn't feel like going back and re-reading this time.

2 comments:

Brook Elise said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who practically writes a novel trying to catch up on the slacking of updates... which I still need to do lol

I'm jealous of all your shopping adventures! I can't bear to try on any clothes that don't have elastic in them right now...

I too have felt like a spending machine lately. I keep saying I will stop and start saving some money, but it never happens :/ at least I am having more restraint than usual... well at least when it comes to clothes :) I did go shopping for scrapbook supplies 4 times last week but that's another story!

Akira_kin said...

I know right?? Those never go out of style... and you can always find a place for them... and... well... scrap booking supplies! Gotta love em!