The goal

Friday, June 25, 2010

Aaaaaaaaaah-PHEWY!!!

I don't like feeling like an idiot!
I never want to be conned again!
I'm a boob!
So ok here's the story.
Tonight at work this dude comes up to me.
"I was wanting to get a $50 and a $10 for these $20s."
me-"Okay, no problem." (press button to have my drawer opened)
I then take dudes cash and grab the change.
Dude starts to leave "Oh!" he says surprised,turning back around. "You gave me a $10 and a $5."
me and this is where I am suckered!!-"Weird, sorry bout that. I don't know how that happened. Someone must have messed up some bills on the drawer."
"No problem. Just need that 50, it's my daughter's birthday."
(I am such a boob!!)
Drawer is opened second time I take the five and give him a $50. Dude wins.
As soon as he leaves, I'm like, that was totally wrong. I was just conned. I know I grabbed a bill from the farther slot, which is what holds the $50s/$100s. I know I did.
So I ask for the drawer to be opened a third time, the csm is thinking I am crazy. She's called over to Jewelry so the cashier that was with her on pulls comes up to service desk. I proceed to tell her what just happened. As I'm finishing up the story to her the csm comes over.
"What was that?" she asks. I tell her the whole story. She gets this look on her face, like 'oh crap' "What was he wearing?" she asks urgently.
"I dunno." (I'd make a horrible witness) Jen (cashier) saw the guy and was able to describe him. Betty (csm) tells me to hang on and heads back to jewelry.
If you are imaginative, you can figure out where I am going with this story. But I'll tell it all anyway.
Betty comes back to service desk with Larissa and Lisa (jewelry ladies) and tells me it just happened to them too, for different amounts but same dude!!
Well.... at least I'm not the only boob!
I guess in my meager defense, I am just not a devious person. I don't think of these things, cons and what not. Who thinks up all the ways to steal from stores?
That's not really an excuse though. I've been a cashier for many years now and I should know better than to do something like that. But it was just so quick that I didn't even think.
Ahhhh phewy! I'm an idiot.
At least tonight I was.
bummer.
Let this be a lesson for you!
I would never want you to go through this, learn from my mistakes!
Someone needs to!

1 comment:

SlvrGrndM99 said...

Ah, bummers!!!

But what could you have done anyways? If you said, "No, sir, I know I gave you a $10 and a $50," he wouldn't have accepted that and just moved on, now would he? So yea, tough situation. Glad you weren't the only one he pulled one over on.